It’s hard to find good gluten free breakfast ideas. Like really hard. In an act of desperation, and immense cravings, I have developed this crustless quiche recipe and a more upscale version of it for Holiday entertaining. If a simple crustless quiche won’t do for the occasion, I suggest you make the mini ham bites that are darling to look at and even more darling because of the gluten free crust. I’ve adapted the recipe from a Pampered Chef recipe that was shared online years ago called “Mini Ham Puffs”. These were my go to brunch item and a breakfast food I sorely missed when going gluten free. The good news is I’ve found a way for those gluten free peeps in your life to enjoy them again as well! The recipes are included in a special feature called “Holidays Made Easy” that was organized by the amazing April at Illistyle. You’ll see how several wonderful bloggers got together to bring you superb ideas to make your holidays easy. There will be a post everyday for the next 5 days, so be sure not to miss out! You’ll see more about this towards the bottom of this post!
Gluten Free Mini Ham Bites
- approximately 2.5 ounces ham, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup preshredded mexican or cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Green onions
- 1/2 recipe of my Gluten Free Cracker Recipe
2. Press about 2 teaspoons of dough into the mini muffin pan. You will want to also spray your hands so the dough won’t stick to you. Make an indent and have it go up the sides of the pan. They should look like this:
3. Using another small scoop, fill each of the dough cups with a small scoop of the ham mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until the ham bites are lightly browned. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top for garnish. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
Crustless Quiche Recipe
- Use the above recipe, but double it and omit the cracker crust recipe. Place mixture into an 8x8 baking pan that has been sprayed liberally with oil. Bake at the same temperature, but closer to 20 minutes. The quiche will be lightly browned. Sprinkle cut green onions on top for garnish. Cut into small pieces, or larger pieces. The choice is up to you!
Need some more easy ideas for entertaining this holiday season? We’ve got you covered! We’ve got every thing you can think of covered in this week’s lineup of posts. From holiday recipes, to drinks, to ornaments, wreaths. You won’t have to worry about a thing! Check out the amazing ladies participating!
For today we are sharing our favorite stress free Holiday recipes!
(you’re gonna want to pin that so you have it when the emergency hits!)
See all the recipes here: