Tailgating Texas Style!
If you’ve been a regular reader of my blog, you might know that I live in a college town. When you live in a college town, you learn about tailgating really fast! Our family loves to tailgate. We also like to have parties at home for the Big Game. Today I’m sharing with you my recipe for Tex Mex Hot Wing Enchiladas. These are so easy to prepare because they use something so easy to find— Tyson Hot Wings. You can find these at your local Walmart in their deli section. They come already flavored and piping hot! I usually get the Tyson hot wings with bones and General Tso’s wings to serve regularly and then a batch of bbq or regular boneless prepared wings to make these fun enchiladas. They are fast to assemble and are usually a big hit. I hope that you will be able to use them for your next tailgate or game time party!
Put a new spin on everyone’s favorite — enchiladas!
I made Roasted Black Bean and Corn salsa as a fun side dish for our Tex Mex Tailgate. Be sure to look for that recipe later this week!
General Tso’s boneless wings. Great served on their own!
Tyson Hot wings. Already prepared - yay for easy! Serve with your favorite dip and carrot and celery sticks!
The whole spread!
My kiddos like the rollups plain, not enchilada style. These are also awesome if you are in a hurry.
I spy a boneless wing in that tortilla! We’ve topped ours with tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, cilantro and sour cream.
Cookies and soda round out our Tex Mex Tailgate Party
Are you totally craving these fun enchiladas? Okay then, you twisted my arm, Here is the easy peasy recipe!
Tex Mex Hot Wing Enchiladas
- Flour Tortillas
- Mexican cheese, 1/2 cup plus more for sprinkling
- sour cream, 1 cup
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (your favorite brand)
- TYSON hot wings, prepared from the deli. You can use plain, breaded, hot, bbq, any flavor-as long as they are boneless!
- tomatoes, jalapeños, sour cream, black olives, and cilantro for garnish if desired.
2. Slice your tortillas so the edges are removed and they are more rectangular than square.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, sour cream, chile powder, and hot sauce.
4. Apply a tablespoon of the hot sauce sour cream mixture to a tortilla strip and add 1 wing.
5. Roll up. If you don’t want to cook further, it is fine to serve these as fun tortilla hot wing roll ups.
6. Place Tortilla rolls in a casserole pan. I add just a hint of milk to the remaining hot sauce mixture to make it a little more runny. Pour over the tortilla roll ups and then sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until all the cheese is melted. Garnish to your liking! Enjoy!
How easy was that? Did you know that Walmart carried Tyson hot wings that are prepared for you? You can find them in the deli section! I love how easy it was to throw this tex-mex tailgate party, and I’m sure I’ll be buying them more in the future when I need a quick dinner idea.
Already prepared Hot wings? Yes please!! You can find Tyson hot wings, bbq wings, General Tso’s and even a pick 3 combo at your local Walmart!
Don't forget to pin for later!