Summer is in full swing! We love to grill outside during these hot Texas summers. I don’t want to think about turning my oven on. My poor A/C is already working hard enough! We use our grill for traditional items like fish, chicken or steak. But we like to use it for a fun dessert too! Did you know grilled fruit tastes fabulous??? Our favorite fruit to use are fresh peaches. I put a spin on it, and add a simple syrup with thyme. The thyme adds such a fun, non-traditional, almost earthy taste to it. Combined with an ooey gooey melted marshmallow in between crunchy graham crackers—oh my! To add that touch of flavor, we grill the peaches on our charcoal grill. We use Kingsford Charcoal Twin Packs because the charcoal is so easy to work with, and easy to find among the grilling items at the Home Depot. The peaches grill up quickly and the simple syrup caramelizes to add a touch of sweetness!
Nothing beats that yummy sweetness of marshmallows and fresh fruit!
Excited for the recipe?
Here ya go!
GRILLED PEACHES WITH THYME SMORE'SIngredients:
- Fresh ripe peaches
- fresh thyme
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- graham crackers
2. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Keep stirring. The mixture will bubble. Once it is about 1/2 the amount you started with and makes a thick syrup, it’s done!
3. Remove the sprigs of thyme. I keep little leaves in, but take out the long stems.
4. Get your grill ready according to your grill, and the Kingsford Charcoal directions.
5. Baste your peaches with the thyme syrup. Front and back!
6. When your grill is warm, place the peaches on the top grate. I like to use a warm, indirect heat.
7. Keep an eye on your peaches, checking to see if they are heating up, and that they are getting nice grill marks. If a part burns, you can flake that skin off.
8. Once your peaches are done, place them on a platter while you get your Smore’s ingredients together.
9. We take our top grill grate out to allow the kiddos to roast their marshmallows. Careful, it’s super hot!!!
My kiddos have not mastered the art of cooking marshmallows. They still like to char the outside. Haha!
10. Once the marshmallows are nicely toasted and almost melting off the skewer, place it between 2 graham crackers, with a grilled peach in the middle.
Have you ever roasted marshmallows over your charcoal grill? We have a Smokey Joe by Weber grill that we picked up at the Home Depot. They also sell the Kingsford Charcoal Twin Pack. The best part? In honor of America’s Birthday, the Home Depot is selling the Kingsford Charcoal Twin Pack for over half off!!!!! Grab the twin pack only $9.88. Gotta love those 4th of July Red White & Blue Savings! Be sure to find your nearest Home Depot and stock up for all your summer grilling needs!
Mine was easy to locate, right in the front of my store, next to the grills & outdoor items!
Think my Grilled Peaches with Thyme sound good? Be sure to pin them for later!
There are lots of fabulous recipes for you to try out on your grill this summer. See the others HERE.
Want even more? Be sure to follow their social media channels!
Kingsford Charcoal TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK / PINTEREST
The Home Depot TWITTER
Want to see what other recipes I’m working on, things I’m eating, clearance items I’m finding or what my family is up to? Be sure to follow me on social media!