This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlayoffPicks #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but sometimes it’s hard to feed a crowd. We were planning our big game party and I decided I was going with EASY this year. I asked my kiddos about it, and they all suggested we make chicken strip tacos with queso, like our favorite taco restaurant. This is the taco I recommend to out of state visitors. It’s pretty mild on the heat side, it’s a twist on the standard taco, and it’s got flavor!
To make my big game party as simple as could be, but still fun and creative, I pulled out a few handy tricks. I used my Cricut machine, some items from a local discount store, some items I already had, and some basic foods from Sam’s Club. I purchased a big bag of Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips (3.5 lbs), a sliced cheese selection, and some Galileo® Salame. Our party was halfway there!
By cooking all the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips at once, and placing them in tortillas in a baking pan, I was able to keep them in a warm oven until guests were ready to eat.
The star of the show is the homemade queso (recipe below)! It’s perfect drizzled on the chicken strip tacos, but works with chips as well!
The Galileo® Salame, cheese and fruit platter rounded out the foods for me. Perfect for pre-game snacking. I used my Cricut to make a fun little banner that reads “Go Team”.
The platter itself was so easy to put together.
I started with an inexpensive pizza pan and cake pan. The handles are from the local thrift store, and were part of a dresser drawer pull set. I used a glue gun because I couldn’t find my E6000 glue anywhere, but I would recommend the E6000 for a sturdier hold.
Place the glue on the bottom of the round cake pan.
Center it on the pizza pan bottom and press firmly.
Once it’s flipped over you can add the handles the same way.
How fun does that look? It adds height to your display, but it’s not too high. I love the fun touch the banner gives.
My kiddos and friends loved the ease of serving the tacos. Since I put the pico de gallo, queso, and lettuce in separate serving dishes, it was easy for them to pick the ingredients they wanted on their tacos.
Everyone loves the perfect taco made their way!
Here is the recipe for the Queso. It’s quick to make, has a great spice to it, and is naturally gluten free! I would suggest putting it in a mini crockpot so it stays gooey during the game!
CRISPY CHICKEN STRIP TACOS WITH HOMEMADE QUESO FOR A CROWD!
For the Homemade Queso:
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 1 1/2 TBSP corn starch
- 1/2 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes Drained from can, chopped to small pieces.
- 4 oz. drained & diced mild green chiles
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Tipo Oaxaca Rallado Cheese monterey jack is a fine substitute
- 1 cup mild cheddar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
For the Queso:
- Drain the chiles and the tomatoes. Dice the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the cornstarch and whisk, cooking for 1 minute.
- Very slowly add in the evaporated milk. You are basically making a roux.
- Next add in the milk, the chiles, the tomatoes, and all the spices. Stir with the whisk over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- Stir in both cheeses and stir until there are no cheese clumps remaining.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, or place in a small warming dish such as a crock pot to keep warm.
For the Crispy Chicken Tacos:
- Cook Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips as directed on the package.
- Place each cooked strip into a flour tortilla. Warm if serving immediately, if not, place the tacos in a baking dish in a warmed oven at a low temperature.
- When ready to serve, top with queso and your choice of lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, etc.
I mentioned above that I purchased my Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips at Sam’s Club. The bag is a great size for our large family (I can get 2 meals out of it!), or for entertaining your party guests.
They are found in the frozen food aisle. Be sure to stock up on wings while you’re there!
They are fully cooked and just need to be popped into the oven.
While my chicken strips were cooking, and my queso was warming in the crock pot, I made the fun football signs on my Cricut.
I really love the little Taco Pennant! Pick your favorite team colors to customize it to fit your party!
Looking for more Big Game Inspiration? Check out Tyson’s page HERE to make your football party the best yet!
Be sure to grab the Ibotta offer while you’re at it! Save $5 off any 2 Tyson® Boneless Wings, Tyson® Chicken Strips, State Fair® Mini Corn Dogs or Gallo® Salame/Galileo® Salame. Everyone loves to save money!
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019