A cream cheese coffee cake loaded with cinnamon, cranberries, and cream cheese that just sets it over the top and makes it prefect for a holiday breakfast!
Cranberry Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
I fell in love with this cinnamon cream cheese coffee cake recipe a few years back. Adding cranberries to the cream cheese just sets it over the top. It’s a perfect recipe for a holiday brunch or get together. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, so it’s a perfect breakfast dish, or wonderful as an afternoon snack. My kiddos eat this up! The sour cream and cream cheese make it amazingly moist. I’m so happy to add the recipe for cranberry cream cheese cinnamon coffee cake to Cranberry Crush week!
This square coffee cake looks so elegant on a cake stand surrounded by cranberries and cinnamon sticks.
If you’ve followed me for awhile, you know I have a large white cake stand collection. I can’t seem to get enough!
The cake actually contains cranberry sauce, hence the cranberry garnish. The topping is a cinnamon sugar topping that is so divine!
Just to the right of the pie server you might spy the tiny ripple of cranberry cream cheese. It’s hard to spot, but I promise you the flavor goes through the entire cake.
You can spy it a bit on this piece as well.
I just love the cracked ripples that go through the cinnamon sugar topping.
The cake is dense, but still airy. A little bit goes a long way. This 9 inch square can feed quite a few mouths!
I gave several pieces to some very happy neighbors.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce My popular Make - Ahead Cranberry Sauce Recipe is HERE
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, making sure they are incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add in 1/3 of the flour into the batter. Add in 1/2 cup sour cream. Next, add in another third of the flour. Once that is well mixed, add in the rest of the sour cream. Finally, add in the last third of the flour. Beat until just combined.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Slowly add in an egg. Finish by beating in the vanilla and the cranberry sauce. Set aside.
- Cinnamon Topping:
- Combine the sugars, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees
- In a greased 9 inch square pan, place half the batter into the pan.
- Next, layer on the filling
- Top with the remaining batter
- Using a knife, slice vertically and horizontally to distribute and mix in the filling throughout the cake.
- Finally, top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes and check for browning. If it's browning too much, place foil over the pan. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, checking often. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is just one recipe I’m featuring in my Cranberry Crush week:
Yesterday I brought you the fun Rosemary Cranberry Moscow Mule Recipe:
Don’t forget these savory, melt in your mouth Cranberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
Sunday I brought you this fabulous Old Fashioned Cranberry Salad Ice Box Cake:
Are you a fan of coffee cake? Do you love it with cream cheese like I do?
Leave a comment and let me know!