This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
This post originally appeared Dec 14, 2014, in partnership with Collective Bias and Walmart. All opinions are my own.
Things are getting crazy in the Hoff household. We have all our holiday preparations under way, our regular after school activities and now, coming soon — FINALS. My older boys are fairly good with not having test anxiety, but I know my older son is feeling a bit more pressure since he’s in high school now. Both my boys are excellent students and after all the studying and prepping they’ve been doing, I decided they needed a break. I put together this Guardians of the Galaxy Finals Survival Movie Night Break Basket to give them a treat from studying and applaud them for their hard work. It’s so easy to assemble! Besides the awesome movie DVD, it features Guardians of the Galaxy blankets and my signature “Movie Munch”. Everything I needed, I found at Walmart. The boys were so happy with their treat, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
So let’s get started with the Movie Munch and it’s secret ingredient! I’ve been making this recipe for almost 15 years now, and even though it is sticky and gooey, it’s so worth it!
How easy was that!
I used these cute little red cups I found in the cake supply aisle at Walmart. They were the perfect size for each boy to have his own!
Bundled up and tied with twine!
Now back to the basket! Like I said, I found everything I needed at my local store. I was able to get the exclusive character 0-sleeve Blu-ray DVD! I chose Rocket Raccoon for the boys. I thought about getting the boys some toys, but since I didn’t want them to take a super long break, I went with the blankets. They will keep them warm while watching the movie and studying. This would also make a great holiday gift for family friends!
Digging into the basket. It was a total surprise and they were so happy to get a break!
The Guardians Of The Galaxy Character blanket was a big hit! They even liked pretending it was a costume. Silly boys!
Even our rescue puppy, Skippy the Boston Terrier got in on the Family Movie Night action.
So what do you think? Looking for other Holiday gift ideas?
MOVIE MUNCH RECIPE
Movie Munch Popcorn
- 16 cups popped popcorn 3.2 oz bags microwave popcorn
- 1 cup pretzels slightly broken
- 1 cup m&m’s
For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels, m&ms and any other things you prefer (raisinets, nuts, etc)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt and combine the brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup (stirring constantly)
- Once that mixture is combined and just starting to boil, add in the marshmallows (the marshmallows are the secret ingredient! I’ve never seen them in a caramel sauce before!)
- Melt the marshmallows down and once the mixture is boiling, let it boil for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- The trick is to never stop stirring!
- When the 2 minutes is up, pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn/pretzel/m&m mixture.
- Stir well with a nonstick spoon (you may spray it with pam), and make sure all the popcorn mixture is covered.
- Serve immediately or with in an hour or 2. Popcorn and pretzels can go stale very quickly.
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018
- Chipotle Chicken Chili - October 30, 2017