I don’t know about you, but I am regular flyer in coach class. That said, I like to feel like I’m flying first class- without footing the bill. I started making these first class amenity bags and they have been so handy. I love to give them for roommate gifts at conferences or for my travel adventure buddies. They are always a hit. Filled with the necessities you need to make your flight go better – you’ll never want to fly without them! So what are the necessities I won’t leave home without?
1. Eye mask. It never fails. I will sit next to the person who keeps the window open or the reading light on shining down on me. These also help if you have an exceptionally chatty person next to you.
2. Individually sized drink mixes. I carry an empty water bottle with me. These come in handy When I’m waiting in the terminal or when I don’t want to pay for beverages on the flight.
3. Bubble gum. Every flyer needs gum to keep the ear popping in check.
4. Earplugs. I’ve been the parent with a screaming child. No judgement here. Sometimes people watch movies with no ear buds. Pack these. You’ll thank me later (also perfect if you are rooming with a person who snores (Guilty!).
5. Chapstick. The circulating air in the plane can cause your skin and lips to dry out faster. Nothing worse than dry lips!
6. Wipes. Clean the tray table, wipe off your hands, clean a mess in a bind. I’ve posted before about how I travel with Purell wipes to help cut down on germs.
7. Colgate Wisps. No one wants to dig out their toothbrush after a red eye. These are so handy to grab and because the toothpaste is not a liquid it goes through security with no problems. Throw them out after using them, and you are good to go!
8. Snacks. I put Laffy Taffy in these bags because I knew we’d be getting 2 meals on our international flight. If it was a no frills domestic flight I would have added granola bars, jerky, or an individually wrapped brownie/cookie.
Some other items to consider tossing in: extra earbuds, a tiny travel journal with a pen, or a tiny sewing kit. I got these cute little burlap bag in a set of 4 or 5 from Michaels Craft Store for under $5 if I remember correctly.
Has this post helped you? I have lots more travel posts headed your way – and a few goodies from the past. You might enjoy these:
Don’t forget to Pin for later:
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019