This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Looking for a cool twist on the classic Moscow Mule? Celebrate Cinco de Mayo or any Fiesta with this Moscow Mule Recipe Twist : Cilantro with Lime!
Last year I completely fell in love with Moscow Mules. Before I had a classic Moscow Mule, I actually had this version. I was eating in a local restaurant, Grub Burger Bar (ahhhmazing burger joint!) and saw this on the menu. They call it the Stubborn Mule. I decided to give it a whirl and boy am I glad I did. I was a little leery about cilantro in the drink but it turned out to be such a fun flavor in the drink! The drink features all the ingredients in a Moscow Mule : lime, vodka, and ginger beer. Today I’ll walk you through the steps to make this Moscow Mule recipe with a twist.
Grub serves these in mason jar glasses, which I thought was so cute! Garnish with limes and cilantro sprigs and it’s a perfect drink for your next Fiesta! Served along side some black bean and corn salsa, or restaurant style salsa and you’ll have the party started on the right foot!
**This post does contain affiliate links, which comes at no added cost to you. I only share products I use and love personally. You’re purchases help maintain the cost of hosting the blog! Thanks!
I use a cocktail shaker to make the Cilantro and Lime Moscow Mule. I think it’s fun and it always makes me fill like a grown up! Start by pouring the vodka in, and follow with the lime juice. Go ahead and throw in the lime halves too, they will help shake things up.
Next, add the simple syrup. The simple syrup helps mellow out the earthiness of the cilantro. This amazing gadget takes some of the guesswork out of creating your own simple syrup and it’s adorable to boot!
Top with your sprigs of washed cilantro. I added about 7 sprigs. You can adjust this based on your love of cilantro.
Apparently some people think cilantro tastes like dish soap. Something to do with taste buds. I pity those poor people!
Finally, top with ice and shaka-shaka-shaka! I always shake for at least 30 - 60 seconds.
How do you know when you’ve shaken a cocktail shaker enough? Make sure a good amount of frost has formed on the cocktail shaker. You should be able to write your initial in it!
Top with a sprig of cilantro, and a lime wedge, then enjoy! Cheers!
MOSCOW MULE RECIPE TWIST : CILANTRO WITH LIME!
For your cocktail:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice from limes keeping the squeezed limes to add in, additional lime for wedge garnish
- 8 oz – 12 oz ginger beer depending on how strong you like your cocktails
- 5-10 sprigs of cilantro for drink and garnish (washed well!)
To create your cocktail:
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in vodka, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Next add in the squeezed lime halves and the cilantro sprigs.
- Top with ice and Shake! Shake! Shake!
- Strain the liquid into your glass, making sure to hold back the limes and crushed cilantro. Slowly top with ginger beer, allowing to fizz up to the top, and adding more as it sinks back.
- Garnish with a cilantro sprig and a lime wedge!
More variations for a cilantro with lime Moscow Mule:
- If you’re a fan of spice- you could always throw another twist in and add a peppered flavor vodka.
- For a Holiday twist try my Rosemary Cranberry Moscow Mule: