Looking for an easy to drink for your next winter party?
This MULLED WINE RECIPE is perfect!
Simmered in your slow cooker,
this recipe is a hit!
Our first trip to Germany was in the winter, and that was when I discovered gluhwein, which is essentially mulled wine.
There is something so decadent about walking around Christmas Markets in Europe sipping this warm alcoholic beverage.
I felt beyond spoiled, and it really was just as story book sounding as it appears.
I’m not a big wine drinker, especially red wines. But oh my. Add in the flavors – the apple, the oranges, the spices. Make them warm and cozy. And I’m a convert.
I wanted to recreate those flavors just for you. So you can have some bundled up outside on a sleigh ride, cuddled in front of a fire, or while hosting a dinner party. Or let’s be honest. For me, it was sipping it out of my Dixie® To Go Cups, outside with my neighbor while we watched the kiddos ride their bikes outside. My recipe is easy peasy and used my slow cooker. It’s not as glamorous as the Christmas markets in Europe, but it will do.
For the Mulled Wine:
- 2 750ml bottles of wine (or about 6 1/2 cups if using a boxed wine)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 oranges sliced into small rounds
- juice from 2 oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 apples sliced in small circles like the oranges
- 1 1/2 TBSP mulling spices
To make the mulled wine:
- Place the wine in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the sugar, orange juice, and mulling spices.
- Layer in the fruit and give a good stir. Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low for 2-4 hours.
- Strain before serving. Garnish with the fruit slices and cinnamon sticks.
Want more drink recipes?
I’ve got you covered!
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018
- Chipotle Chicken Chili - October 30, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt and Granola Parfaits - August 18, 2017