This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots taste like they have caramelized all day long but only take minutes in the instant pot! Save on time without losing flavor!
Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots in the Instant Pot
Last week, I shared with you our Gluten Free Thanksgiving complete with Stuffing Balls. I had several of you ask me about the cooked carrots in the picture. These maple mustard glazed carrots are so tasty. They simply melt in your mouth. Whole grain mustard and maple syrup combine to make the best glazed carrots ever. You’d think they had cooked and caramelized all day, but in reality, they only take about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker. They are a perfect side dish to make an an instant pot. While you have all your other items in the oven, utilize your pressure cooker and let it do the work for you.
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe would be a good fit for my readers. This comes as no added cost to you!
I’m pretty sure most of you saw the special on Amazon for the amazing Instant Pot. I’m gonna take a wild guess - I bet most of you purchased the deal, or have one sitting as a gift under your Christmas tree. I purchased mine earlier this fall at full price. It was worth EVERY PENNY. I use my instant pot all the time for quick rice, for stews and soups, and lots of boiled eggs. I am using mine about 4 days a week. It’s truly a work horse around here!
I used full size carrots that are quartered. To save even more time, peel your carrots the day before cooking and store in the fridge until your ready.
I used a 3 pound bag, which is more than enough to feed our family. This is a perfect Holiday side dish for a crowd.
I love their bright orange color. It just adds a fun pop on a fall plate.
By transferring from you instant pot liner to a crock, your guests will think they braised all day long. Your secret is safe with me!
To be honest, this dish is so easy. I placed the ingredients in and simply walked away. There are many days I think the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker should be named “The Magic Pot”.
Pressure Cooker Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots Recipe:
Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots In A Pressure Cooker
For the Carrots:
- 3 lbs Carrots peeled and quartered in long strips
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon chicken Stock
- Peel and quarter your carrots. You can save time and do this the day before.
- In your instant pot, or pressure cooker, set it to saute. Allow it to heat and warm up for about a minute.
- Place the butter in the pot, and stir while it melts. Once melted, add in the maple syrup, mustard, thyme, baking soda, chicken stock. Stir well
- Add in the carrots and toss to coat. Turn off the saute button. Place the lid onto the pressure cooker as directed. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Select "steam" or high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once your carrots have come to pressure and cooked for 4 minutes, allow to sit for 15 minutes (doing a natural pressure release)
- Carefully release your steam valve after the 15 minutes has passed. Remove lid.
- Stir and enjoy!
So tell me, did you get in on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal? Are you a new owner of an instant pot. Are you looking for certain pressure cooker recipes - leave a comment and let me know!
*** A lot of you lovely people have asked a few questions about the new sharing buttons at the top of every post. Some you were familiar with (Pinterest anyone?), some not so much! My favorite is the "Yum" button. Yummly is an awesome app where you can "yum" recipes for later. The best part? You can select the ones you like, and Yummly will create the grocery list for you! It makes my life so much easier! I hope you will like it as much as I do.
Here is where you will find Major Hoff Takes A Wife's Recipes On Yummly.
Need more side dish inspiration? Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: