This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Today I wanted to share with you another quick and easy craft that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Kiddos can even help out on this one as well. Of course, since I used my cricut and designed the svg file, I'll share it with you this holiday season.
I'm so excited to share this with you, and I'm even more excited to be able to include it in
How great is that!
You need just a few things for this project! Here is the supply list:
-Marshmallow shaped foam craft shapes (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
-scraps of ribbon for the top hat
-Starbucks frappaucchino bottles with lids (Enjoy drinking them!)
-black vinyl with a sticky back (sold in the cricut/ silhouette area)
-ribbon for the scarf. I prefer it to have wire in it so the scarf ends will stick out and not flop down.
-a small scrap of orange card stock for the nose
-Assorted buttons for the belly (mine are by the fabulous designer Laura Kelly!)
-hot glue gun
-black spray paint
Here's a quick pick of the main pieces before my project was completed.
You can see the foam shapes that I used for the top hat. Since I was using paint, and it was for a party where people would be drinking from the glasses, I made only one top hat. I kept that snowman on display only. His friends that were for the party guests went hatless.
1.Be sure and prep your bottles. If you need help removing labels you can find my handy tips here. If yours has an expiration date printed on it, I have a trick for getting rid of that too (click here).
I spray painted one lid and one marshmallow shape and let them dry.
2. Attach the SVG onto the bottle. The SVG file is at the bottom of this post.
3. Cut a triangle for the corn cob nose from the orange card stock and attach with hot glue gun.
4. Tie the scarf around the middle of the bottle (it helps to have someone hold it). Wired ribbon that is thin works the best!
5. Glue 3 buttons down the belly
6. Admire your sweet little snowman. When you are ready to use it, fill to the top with white milk (or eggnog!)
7. If you are making a top hat: Attach the marshmallow shape to the lid with hot glue gun. Cut a piece of ribbon the width of the marshmallow foam shape and attach with hot glue gun. Seal lid on tightly after glue has dried.
Easy peasy! I love cute & quick Christmas crafts like this.
****If you would rather not use spray paint, you could easily cover the lid with a strip of black vinyl along the edge of the lid, and a black circle on the top. These would be super cute filled with white chocolate cocoa for gifts, or with bath salts. Enjoy!
****SVG FILE FOR THE FACE CAN BE FOUND HERE****
I'd love to see pics if you make this project! Share them with me on instagram, Facebook, Twitter or email. My contact info is in the upper right hand corner. I'd love to hear from you!