Put a cherry on it! This easy quick bread will satisfy your holiday sweet tooth!
White Chocolate Cherry Eggnog Quick Bread will be a holiday favorite!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY EGGNOG QUICK BREAD!
I have fond memories of Maraschino Cherries. Growing up, my Grandma always added not one, but 2 on the sundaes she made for us. I can remember feeling special when I’d get a Shirley Temple to drink at a restaurant. My mom even made a holiday quick bread with maraschino cherries during the holidays. My kiddos love the cherries just as much too. They also ADORE eggnog. When I stumbled upon a version of cherry eggnog bread, I knew I had to add my own twist on it!
This post is written by me on behalf of Cherryman, America’s Favorite Maraschino Cherries. All opinions are entirely my own. CherryMan was gracious enough to send me several jars of cherries to cook and bake with, and to create a recipe you will love!
I also knew it would be perfect to use with the CherryMan cherries. The white chocolate is a nod to my dad’s love of chocolate cherries. You and your guests will love this simple yet elegant white chocolate cherry eggnog quick bread recipe!
Adding a cherry on top of anything just levels it up! This bread is chocked full of cherry pieces.
I garnished this bread with one simple cherry with a stem in the middle. How stunning would it look with a row of them?
The cherries on the edges will caramelize and darken, but the ones in the middle just POP! with color!
A simple confectioners sugar icing is drizzled on the top and allowed to seep down the sides.
The cake is dense, but super moist. The eggnog gives a nice cinnamon and nutmeg flavor to it.
This bread saves well, and makes a perfect gift for your neighbors.
Or you can just give them a slice when they stop by and save the rest for you! I won’t judge you!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY EGGNOG BREAD
For The Bread:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- 6 TBSP butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped quartered maraschino cherries
- 1 TBSP maraschino cherry juice
- Chop the maraschino cherries and set aside. I quartered mine to have large chunks in the bread. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute, also set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and grease your loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs with the eggnog and slowly add in the butter.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, pour in the eggnog mixture and slowly fold in. When almost combined, add in the white chocolate chips and cherries. Mix until just combined.
- Smooth mixture into loaf pan. Bake on middle rack, and begin checking at 45 minutes. Mine cooked about 10- 15 minutes, but ovens vary. A skewer should come out clean, and when tapped it should be sound hollow. If it is browning too rapidly, loosely place foil on top.
- Once done, allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and allow to cool longer.
- Once cool, ice if desired. I simply added 1 TBSP milk to 1 – 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, drizzled on top. Place maraschino cherries on top for garnish.
CherryMan Jumbo Cherries were perfect for this recipe. I loved that the big size allowed for them to really hold strong in the bread. There was no sinking to the bottom for these cherries. The Jumbo Cherries with Stems are perfect to garnish with, and can also be seen floating in the whipped cream atop the mug of eggnog. My kiddos were over the moon when our delivery came in. This might have been my third batch of this bread!
I found CherryMan cherries at my local HEB. To find some near you, be sure to check out their website. Also, you can find them on social media:
What’s your favorite cherry recipe? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019