Witch hat brownie pops will be the hit of your Halloween party! Simple to make with a box brownie mix, fast frosting, and an easy piping method!
Easy to Make Witch Hat Brownie Pops
How fun are these witch hat brownie cake pops? Wanna know the most fun part? They are so easy peasy, it’s unbelievable! And that’s no trick! Seriously though, forget dipping cake balls, and making convoluted shapes that make you never want to bake again. This has got to be one of the easiest Halloween treats ever! Each witch hat brownie pop will make all the little gremlins smile!
These witch hat brownie pops look so cute on a Halloween party table. Simply garnish with spiders and you’re all set!
This post contains affiliate links which come at no added cost to you. I only recommend companies and products that I use personally and love. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
You only need a few simple things for this cute Halloween treat. Super cute straws make adorable little holders for little hands. The brim piping is simply a store-bought tube, and a square bubble gum candy piece for the buckle. I’ve shared a list of all these items at the bottom of this post.
The fudge frosting is incredible, and I promise you’ll want to use it on all your brownies from now on!
These super adorable witch hat brownie pops are pretty nifty, and they are just one of 30 awesome Halloween recipes being featured over on the Cupcake Diaries “30 Days of Halloween”. Yes, that’s right, our pal Alli has 29 other amazing recipes just waiting for you! You’ll be the hit of the Halloween season with all those yummies! Be sure to look at the bottom of this post to see all the incredible recipes. I feel so lucky to be included!
So let’s get to the nitty gritty, shall we?!!!
You might find all these items handy:
Witch Hat Brownie Pops
For the Brownies:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Family 13x9 size
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4-6 drops americolor gel paste, black
For the fudge frosting:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa
- 3 TBSP butter, softened
- 5 TBSP milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 drops americolor gel paste, black
Other items needed:
- 1 skewer, to make holes
- 16 paper party straws
- 16 square bubble gum pieces
- 1 tube shimmer gel icing
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven as directed on box. Grease and line both 8 inch cake pans with parchment (also greased).
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, water, oil and coloring together.
- Divide equally among the 2 circle pans. Bake in the oven on the middle rack until done, about 25-30 minutes. The middle of the brownies can not be squishy, or you'll lose the hat shape.
- Allow to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, and then remove, and cool on a cooling rack.
For the frosting:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa.
- With a hand mixer, mixer, or by hand, combine the butter with the dry ingredients. Next add in the milk. Finally, finish with the vanilla and coloring.
- The frosting should be stiff enough to hold it's shape. Allow to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow the coloring to darken.
To ice the brownie pops:
- Cut each circle into 8 triangles.
- Using the skewer, make a hole in the middle of the center of the brownie pop. Remove and place a paper straw into the hole
- Place the frosting in a piping bag. Either use a small tip, or make a small cut at the corner. Pipe a hollow triangle shape along the edges of each hat shape. Do this for each piece.
- Once all the pieces are outlined, flood the middle of the triangle with frosting. The outline should be a set up and act as a "dam" to keep the frosting on the triangle. You might need a knife or off-set spatula to smooth out the icing at this point.
- Once all the pieces have dried a bit, choose where you'd like the brim line. Using the shimmer icing, draw a straight line across. Finish by placing a bubble gum piece in the middle. Allow to dry for a bit.
- That's it! All done! Enjoy!
Are you ready for all those other fabulous ideas I told you about? I bet it’s too hard for you to pick a favorite!!! Special thanks again to Alli for hosting. Be sure to stop by and tell Cupcake Diaries how much she rocks!