Chipotle Chicken Chili
You will adore this chipotle chicken chili! A perfect recipe to warm you up! This chicken chili recipe features chipotle, black beans, corn and spices.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1-2 TBSP oil I use Grapeseed, but Olive Oil would work
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 lbs chicken breast diced into about 1/2 -1 inch cubes
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 TBSP Chipotle hot sauce, or 2 tsp chipotle and adobe from a can
- 15 oz 1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz 1 can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 10 oz 1 small can Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 32 oz Chicken Broth I use the lower sodium type
In a large Dutch Oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add in onions, garlic, red pepper, and chicken.
Allow to sauté and cook until the chicken is cooked, and veggies are soft. Drain any excess liquid.
At this point, you can transfer to a slow cooker, crock pot, or continue cooking on the stove with the Dutch Oven.
Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika and chipotle hot sauce. Cover chicken and veggies well.
Add in black beans, corn, diced Tomatoes, and mild diced tomatoes & green chilies. Cover with chicken broth.
Allow to come to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or all day. In a crock pot, cook 4-8 hours.
Garnish as desired, and ENJOY!
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 997mg | Potassium: 984mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 40.5mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3.2mg