Buffalo chicken dip crock pot bites feature a savory buffalo sauce, shredded chicken topped with a homemade blue cheese dressing! Game day appetizers never tasted so good!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crock Pot Bites
This shop originally appeared in partnership with Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s full on Football season in Texas my friends. You know how I know? Traffic. Horrendous game day traffic. On most college football weekends, you will find us sheltering in our own homes. Surrounded by our friends, we rest easy knowing we aren’t out their battling for a parking spot, or trying to figure out which lane is feeding into the stadium. Instead, we are snacking and talking with our friends and neighbors while the game is on tv. Keeping our stress levels down isn’t just about avoiding the traffic. For me it’s about finding effortless menu items to please our guests.
These buffalo chicken dip crock pot bites were the answer for our latest viewing party. The hot buffalo sauce reminds us of the popular wing restaurants without the crowd, and utilizing the slow cooker makes life so much easier for me. The buffalo chicken dip is versatile. Serve it on buns for sandwiches, or take it up a notch and serve it on a TRISCUIT cracker with a dollop of homemade blue cheese dressing. The dip can be served individually as pictured, or in a dipping bowl surrounded by a big bowl of TRISCUIT crackers. The choice is yours. Whatever is easiest my friend!
Are you a fan of blue cheese? I’ve discovered that people either seem to love it or hate it. If you don’t like it, it’s just as simple to prepare this as a simple dip with the blue cheese on the side.
These tasty tidbits are pretty straight forward to assemble.
Start with your favorite TRISCUIT cracker. I’ve stuck with original flavor here, but we are big fans of the other flavors as well.
Top with a tablespoon of the shredded buffalo chicken dip straight from the crock pot.
Add a bit of the homemade blue cheese dressing.
Top it off with a green onion, and your party finger food is all set to go!
I simply laid mine out on a serving platter, added in a box of plain TRISCUITS and served them up!
How simple and fun are our Buffalo Chicken Dip CrockPot Bites!!!
Easiest party ever!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crock Pot Bites Recipe:
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Bites
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 block 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo / hot sauce
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2/3 cup about 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- dash of pepper
- Green onions optional, for garnish
For the Shredded Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker / crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce and seasoning.
- Place the cream cheese over the chicken breasts, and then pour over the sour cream mixture. Allow to cook 6-8 hours on low, 4-5 hours on high.
- An hour before serving, shred the chicken and stir the melted cream cheese into the liquid mixture. Place the lid back on the slow cooker and allow the mixture to blend together.
- Serve by placing a TBSP of chicken dip onto an individual TRISCUIT, dollop with blue cheese dressing, and top with chopped green onions. You can also place the dip in a bowl surrounded by your favorite crackers.
Directions for Blue Cheese Dressing
- Combine all ingredients. I make mine the morning of, and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
These best part. Very few dishes. That means I can focus on my guests and not on cleaning up. The buffalo chicken dip cooks all day in the crock pot, which means I can clean and decorate while the slow cooker is doing it’s magic.
So what about you? Do you prefer being in the thick of the game at the stadium or relaxing a bit at home? Are you a die hard tailgater? A huge fan of buffalo chicken or lover of blue cheese? I’d love to hear what you think, so leave a comment.
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018
- Chipotle Chicken Chili - October 30, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt and Granola Parfaits - August 18, 2017