This simple black bean dip will be the hit of your party! Made in less than 5 minutes, with only 3 ingredients, you can serve warm or chilled.
I originally wrote this post in 2014, and it is still a family favorite! Some days if I'm feeling like spending more time on it, I make the black beans from dried beans in my instant pot. But for the most part I stick with the tried and true original. Because who doesn't love warm black bean dip in under 5 minutes?
So most of you know that I suffer from celiac disease. Eating gluten free has many challenges: hidden ingredients, eating out, will it make me sick, will it not?….and the list goes on. When I first went gluten free, my #1 challenge was finding something quick and easy. I love quick and easy. I have 4 boys—quick and easy is survival around here! There are some nights that I don’t want to make 2 different meals, or times I am at home for lunch, or times when I’m in a bind to take something to a party. This recipe, my friends, is a God send.
Yes, it is really that simple. Three ingredients. In less than 5 minutes. It couldn’t be any easier. I get rave reviews and so I decided it was time to share this secret!
Meet your ingredients:
That's it. Just those 3. Your favorite salsa, sour cream and a can of refried black beans.
This will make a large batch. I usually have enough left over for other meals. I love to spread it in a gluten free tortilla shell, or corn tortillas. We've used it as a filling for enchiladas as well. The sky is the limit. I have one son who prefers pinto beans to black beans, so sometimes we make it that way.
Hopefully this little trick will have you be the hit of your next party. Which you can really enjoy, because hey, 5 minutes for this is way faster than standing in line to pick something up last minute at the grocery store!
Like this recipe? Want to see more? I think you might enjoy these other fun dips!
How to make 3 ingredient black bean dip in less than 5 minutes
- 1 16 oz can of your favorite refried black beans
- ⅔ cup of your favorite salsa Storebought, homemade, any kind that you have on hand
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until warm and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of tortilla chips or as the main filling for black bean tacos in shells.
Want to be kept in the loop? Be sure to follow me on social media!
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Squares - December 13, 2020
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019