Grab a chicken avocado wrap for a quick lunch full of protein. Using precooked grilled chicken slices and a few ingredients, you can meal prep this lunch ahead of time. Simply stuff the tortilla with chicken and avocado, throw in some veggies and you are all set!
Chicken Avocado Wrap
I’m so lucky to be able to work from home and I love the flexibility it gives me. But along with that, my lunches have been lacking lately. In an effort to make sure I was eating a well rounded lunch and getting protein, I came up with a simple meal prep for lunches using Tyson Grilled and Ready® Chicken. Today’s recipe is my version of a chicken avocado wrap, but I actually use the meal prep bags for several more recipes, like a chipotle chicken black bean salad. These baggies of chicken and veggies are so versatile!
This wrap is made simply with a tortilla (use corn if gluten free), the meal prep bag of chicken and veggies, some spice mix, and fresh avocados and some spring lettuce. I tend to always have tortillas, avocados and lettuce on hand. This meal takes only a few minutes longer than making a sandwich, and it is so worth those extra few seconds!
The wrap itself is so easy to assemble. Simply saute your chicken breast strips and veggie mix along with your chosen seasoning in a skillet. While that is cooking, gather your tortillas and any lettuce mix you have on hand. Next, Slice up half an avocado. Or more, if you are an avocado fan like me. Once the chicken is cooked through, layer the ingredients on your tortilla:
See how easy peasy that was? I love that. The meal prep is such a game changer for me.
I simply grab a handful of the Tyson Grilled and Ready® Chicken breast strips, some peppers I have chopped up, along with some onion pieces, and I place them in a sandwich bag. Each bag is enough for one wrap or salad. Depending on how I feel that day- I’ll mix up my seasonings that I add to the skillet. Some days I will use buffalo sauce and some days I’ll use a pesto sauce. Different seasoning spices makes the options endless.
These wraps are packed with protein and leave me satisfied for hours. I know it is a much healthier option than just grabbing the chips out of the pantry (Seriously, I would.).
I’m not the only fan in this house either. My teenage boys adore these. They make the BEST after school snack. They are old enough to maneuver a skillet on their own, so they simply have to spray the pan, dump in the sandwich baggie of goodies, sprinkle on some seasoning, and assemble the rest. It’s a snack I can totally get behind. They also make easy dinners if I don’t have anything made and need something in a pinch.
Since I’m feeding a ton of boys, my go to store to purchase Tyson Grilled and Ready® chicken strips is Sam’s Club. Let’s face it, with 4 boys – I need big sizes. We utilize our Sam’s Club membership in a lot of ways. My husband buys nuts for snacks at work, salmon for his lunches, and I grab a lot of fruits and veggies there. Their selection of lettuce mixes is incredible and very affordable.
For example – this is just one of my boys. A high school football player. The amount of food a football player can eat is astounding. He’s also my best shopping buddy. He always pushes the cart and lifts heavy things for me.
Another thing we like to buy at Sam’s Club is Jimmy Dean Delights® English Muffins. They are perfect to grab in the morning. Filled with egg whites, turkey sausage and cheese, they are packed full of protein to give you a boost in the morning.
What are your favorite tips for getting more protein and healthier solutions to meals when your short on time?
Need more lunch ideas? You might like these:
Chicken Avocado Wrap Recipe:
Chicken Avocado Wrap
- 4-5 Strips Tyson Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 tortilla shell, burrito size
- 1/2 cup spring lettuce mix
- 1-2 peppers
- 1/6 onion
- 1 TBSP Fiesta Lime Seasoning I use Mrs Dash
- 1 avocado
- Meal prep for the chicken and peppers is easy: Simply grab about 10 mini peppers, and slice into rings. Chop an onion as well. Divide the peppers and onions into desired serving size, and place in a closed sandwich style baggie. Add in a few of the Tyson Grilled and Ready® chicken strips.
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN AVOCADO WRAPS:
- Spray a non-stick skillet with a non-stick spray such as Pam. Heat over medium heat for about a minute or 2, and then place the ingredients from the meal prep bag.
- Add in your seasoning. Mrs Dash makes several different kinds, we like Fiesta Lime as well as Chipotle. Cook stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through (about 7-10 mins).
- Lay a burrito shell out, top with the spring lettuce. Next place the cooked chicken & peppers mixture on that. Finally, finish off by placing the avocado slices.
- Roll the wrap burrito style and enjoy!
Don’t forget to Pin for later!
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by MrsMajHoff (see all)
- Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce with Rigatoni - October 11, 2019
- 20 Speculoos Cookie Butter Recipes You Have To Try - September 25, 2019
- Visiting Jested near Liberec in the Czech Republic - September 16, 2019