This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Mmmmm, nothing tastes as good as a hot cup of coffee. For me anyways. Well, unless it’s this wonderful Christmas latte. Hot Buttered Lattes with Kahlua to be exact. Talk about a kickstart to your day! Whammy! Let me introduce you to my friend,
Christmas Latte : Hot Buttered Latte with Kahlua
I only splurge on this special Christmas latte on Christmas morning and a few chilly evenings a year (not daily, LOL!). The recipe is a spin off of the old Hot Buttered Rum. I like the thought of a serving warm Christmas coffee drinks, so I decided to go that way. I worked in a coffee shop years ago, and that is where my love of coffee began. The good news? I made this with regular coffee. No expresso machine necessary! So I guess it’s not technically a “latte recipe” in the eyes of a coffee connoisseur, but we can keep that a secret, right?
If you are using this for late night Holiday entertaining, feel free to use decaf coffee. You can also always omit the Kahlua! This post is part of the 5 day series “Holidays Made Easy!”. Be sure and see what my brilliant blogging friends have come up with (links are at the bottom of the page!). Together we’ve created 9 Delicious Drinks! You will want to try them all!
I topped mine off with this fun chocolate sugar cookie that was cut out using a cookie cutter from Cost Plus World Market.
Christmas Latte: Hot Buttered Latte with Kahlua
- ½ quart French Vanilla Ice Cream thawed slightly
- ½ pound butter softened
- ½ pound brown sugar
- ½ pound powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Hot coffee freshly brewed
- milk or cream optional for those who prefer in their coffee
- Kahlua feel free to omit
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl (preferably a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer), combine ice cream, butter, sugars, and cinnamon. Mix until nice and smooth. Store in freezer
- When ready to use, place 2 tablespoons (or 3 if you like sweeter!) in a coffee mug. Add 1 jigger of Kahlua. Fill cup with 8 ounces freshly brewed coffee. The butter mixture should melt, but feel free to stir to incorporate. If you prefer cream in your coffee, feel free to add it! Top with a spoonful of whipped cream.