Mmmmm, nothing tastes as good as a hot cup of coffee. For me anyways. Well, unless it’s this wonderful Christmas latte. Hot Buttered Lattes with Kahlua to be exact. Talk about a kickstart to your day! Whammy! Let me introduce you to my friend,
Christmas Latte : Hot Buttered Latte with Kahlua
I only splurge on this special Christmas latte on Christmas morning and a few chilly evenings a year (not daily, LOL!). The recipe is a spin off of the old Hot Buttered Rum. I like the thought of a serving warm Christmas coffee drinks, so I decided to go that way. I worked in a coffee shop years ago, and that is where my love of coffee began. The good news? I made this with regular coffee. No expresso machine necessary! So I guess it’s not technically a “latte recipe” in the eyes of a coffee connoisseur, but we can keep that a secret, right?
If you are using this for late night Holiday entertaining, feel free to use decaf coffee. You can also always omit the Kahlua! This post is part of the 5 day series “Holidays Made Easy!”. Be sure and see what my brilliant blogging friends have come up with (links are at the bottom of the page!). Together we’ve created 9 Delicious Drinks! You will want to try them all!
I topped mine off with this fun chocolate sugar cookie that was cut out using a cookie cutter from Cost Plus World Market.
Christmas Latte: Hot Buttered Latte with Kahlua
- 1/2 quart French Vanilla Ice Cream thawed slightly
- 1/2 pound butter softened
- 1/2 pound brown sugar
- 1/2 pound powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Hot coffee freshly brewed
- milk or cream optional for those who prefer in their coffee
- Kahlua feel free to omit
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl (preferably a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer), combine ice cream, butter, sugars, and cinnamon. Mix until nice and smooth. Store in freezer
- When ready to use, place 2 tablespoons (or 3 if you like sweeter!) in a coffee mug. Add 1 jigger of Kahlua. Fill cup with 8 ounces freshly brewed coffee. The butter mixture should melt, but feel free to stir to incorporate. If you prefer cream in your coffee, feel free to add it! Top with a spoonful of whipped cream.
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018
- Chipotle Chicken Chili - October 30, 2017