This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Thanksgiving leftovers? This recipe uses your favorite leftover cranberry sauce to make tender, juicy, slow cooker cranberry BBQ Pulled Pork.
LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
This will be the easiest recipe I feature this week for Cranberry Crush Week. It’s so simple you might laugh. You’ll also fill so good about using your leftover cranberry sauce – waste not, want not! The cranberries add a tartness and sweetness to the dish that is very unique and a fun twist on traditional BBQ Pulled Pork.
The best part is making this recipe in a slow cooker. Talk about a time saver! The result is tender, juicy, flavorful shredded pork that will leave your mouth watering! You’ll want to make cranberry bbq pulled pork all year round!
I used my recipe for cranberry sauce, and I keep mine as whole berry. You can easily puree it if your not a fan of the big pieces.
Using your favorite bottled barbecue sauce cuts down on prep time.
I served mine on roasted onion and poppy seed buns. They were the hit of the party!
This turned out to be a very inexpensive meal. My pork roast was less than $5.00!
In case you need more ideas for the jellied cranberry sauce in your fridge , I featured this recipe on a GREAT way to use it up as a chutney on gingerbread pancakes as well as in a cranberry cream cheese coffee cake.
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES WITH
LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
Cranberry BBQ Pulled Pork In A Slow Cooker
Cranberry Barbecue Pulled Pork
- 1 cup cranberry sauce Find my recipe for Easy Make Ahead Cranberry Sauce here
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds Pork Ribeye Roast for barbecue
Cooking the pork:
- Place the Pork roast into the slow cooker.
- Add the cranberry sauce over the top of the roast, and follow with the barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs. I like to open my slow cooker at the 6 hr mark, shred the pork, and then return to low for the last 2 hrs. Shred the pork and spoon onto hamburger buns.
This recipe is part of my Cranberry Crush week:
Yesterday I brought you this fabulous Old Fashioned Cranberry Salad Ice Box Cake:
What’s your favorite cranberry dish? Do you like whole berry or smooth cranberry jelly?
Leave a comment and let me know!
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018
- Chipotle Chicken Chili - October 30, 2017