This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
This easy lemon pie seems too good to be true! It’s a no-bake dessert that features a homemade lemon pudding filling topped with luscious whipped cream! It uses only 5 ingredients not including the crust, but using a store bought crust cuts down time even more!
No Bake Easy Lemon Pie
This post is sponsored by Tampico®. All opinions are my own. . I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe would be a good fit for my readers. This comes at no added cost to you!
It’s July in Texas my friends, which means it’s like walking around on the scorching sun. The last thing I want to do is turn on my oven. The craving for pie never ends though, so I decided to hop on the icebox dessert train and share one of my favorite desserts- easy lemon pie!
It reminds me so much of a lemon meringue pie, but instead of cooking the meringue top and turning the oven on, I’ve replaced it with whipped cream. Because who doesn’t love whipped cream during the summer??? The crust is a store bought cookie crumble, but it would be just as easy to make your own with crumbled cookies and a bit of butter.
The filling is essentially a cheaters lemon curd. Forget juicing lemons. I utilized Tampico® Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime, and saved myself sooooooo much time! The filling is naturally gluten free, and you can easily sub out a gluten free crust! A mixture of corn starch, sugar, lemonade and some egg yolks is all it takes for that beautiful yellow custard-like filling!
Tampico® has been a family favorite since my childhood, and makes me think back to long carefree summer days. They have a fun new logo and fresh new branding, but it is still the favorite Tampico Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime you’ve always loved!
Things to know about making this Easy Lemon Pie
- The dessert requires no baking, but it does have egg yolks in it. By continuing to cook the pudding mixture for a minute while the mixture is boiling, the egg yolks will be cooked through. If you are still unsure, feel free to purchase the eggs that have been manufactured specifically for not cooking.
- You must temper the eggs before adding them in, or you will end up with scrambled eggs. To do this, add a bit of the hot pudding mix a little bit at a time, stirring into the eggs. Once you’ve added about 1/2 cup – 1 cup mixture to the eggs, you can put it all back into the saucepan.
- Cornstarch is your friend! This is one of my pantry staples. It makes sauces and puddings thick, and it’s gluten free. You should always stir stir stir stir and stir some more when using it. You don’t want it to not be mixed in.
- Cornstarch is what gives you that “magic moment.” And by magic moment, I mean, the minute your filling goes from being a liquid to suddenly being a pudding, or lemon curd. If it hasn’t thickened like that, then it’s not quite there!
- To make your pie last longer, and not have to serve it immediately or worry about the whipped cream melting, use my go-to recipe for homemade stabilized whipped cream!
EASY LEMON PIE RECIPE
Easy Lemon Pie
For the Lemon Pie Filling
- 5 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime
For the Pie
- 1 cookie pie crust
- 1 cup homemade whipped cream or store-bought whipped topping
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk corn starch with sugar.
- Slowly pour in the Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime, and mix thoroughly.
- Continue stirring for about 10 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken and has it's "magic moment".
- Temper your egg yolks with some of the lemon mixture as instructed above in the blog post. Once they are tempered, add them back to the lemon pudding mixture.
- Continue to cook while the mixture is boiling for 1 minute more, stirring constantly with a whisk (to ensure egg yolks are cooked).
- Pour lemon pudding mixture into a pre-made cookie pie crust and place in the refrigerator for 40 minutes or until cool.
- Top with your favorite homemade whipped cream, or storebought whipped topping. Serve immediatly.If using stabilized whipped cream, you can refrigerate for 1 - 2 days.
Love the recipe for Easy Lemon Pie? You might like these too!
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.