This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Free printable Christmas gift tags are a lifesaver! Remind all your friends to be on their best behavior because Santa Claus is coming to town! Print out some labels and enjoy attaching to gifts of homemade candy like these chocolate peanut clusters, reindeer cookies, snowflake sugar cookies , eggnog cookies even just a cup of Hershey Kisses. Need a gift for your mail person, a teacher, or an extra stocking stuffer? This is perfect!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe would be a good fit for my readers. This comes at no added cost to you!
Hey there! Well most of the time I say "Howdy" cause I live in Texas and all. I am so happy to have you stop by today!
Today I'm offering these free "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" gift tags to make gift giving easy this holiday season. Cause as a mom of 4 boys, I know how crazy the holidays can be! I know what it's like to have a gift that you have to give in a rush and you don't have time to find the labels you stashed away. Or worse, the labels you forgot to buy!
—Want the printable right now? Simply scroll straight to the bottom!—
I used them for my Santa Belly Gift Giving Idea but they are so versatile that they can be used on anything from candy bars, gift cards, goodie bags, or wrapped boxes.
In case you'd like the low down on the Santa Belly gift here is the step by step process!
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN GIFT IDEA
*****Santa belly's gift cups originally appeared as a guest post on the Bloggers Best 12 Days of Christmas over on The Crafting Chicks in 2014.
How to make the Santa Belly Gift Cup
How to create a Santa Belly Gift Container
- I purchased the red cups at Walmart. They are marked as candy cups or ice cream cups and are manufactured by Wilton. You can probably get them at your local craft store, or use the link to a similar product on Amazon.
- To make the Santa Belly, I used my cricut to cut the shapes using a free shape from Cricut- a square for the buck, and a long rectangle for the belt. If you don't have a cutting machine, it would be just as easy to do this by hand with scissors or a craft knife.
- The exact dimensions were: ½ inch rectangle piece of black vinyl to wrap all the way around. Since cup sizes vary, just wrap it around and cut off excess. You have to angle it a bit so it doesn't bunch up. I used a 1 inch square for the belt buckle and removed a ½ inch square out of the middle.
- Fill the candy cup with Hershey Kisses, or any candy, cookie, or goody you would like to include.
- Wrap the cup up with the sandwich bag. No fancy stuff required. Simply place the cup into the bag. The two bottom corners stick out and look odd. Fold them into a triangle like shape and fold in to the bottom of the cup (similar to how a purse bottom is sewn). Use a piece of scotch tape to stick them to each other! Now cut the closure/ zipper part off evenly at the top. Bunch together, secure with twine and decorate with ribbon and tags.
The candy cup is simply a large candy cup / bowlthat I found on the candy and cake baking aisle at Walmart. I thought it would look adorable dressed up with Santa's belt! The belt is simply black vinyl like you use in a Cricut machine. I was lazy though, and just used scissors to cut the strip as well as a gold glittery belt buckle.
I stuffed Hershey Kisses in because it was so easy and cheap! I love that the green, red and silver wrappers give a fun pop of color! If you don't feel like making Santa's belly, that's fine too. Amazon has some adorable Christmas cups, or you could simply use the red cups plain.
I knew that I need something to wrap the whole thing up with, but I am cheap. So I used a sandwich baggie. I cut off the ziplock part at the top, and placed my cup inside. I then folded the corners of the bag in, tucked them a bit more and used clear tape to hold them in place. So much less expensive than basket cellophane!
A pretty ribbon was all it took to tie the top off and then of course I added the Santa Claus is coming to town Christmas label to finish it! One sheet of labels will print out 12 circle tags. I used a hole punch that was approximately the same size.
My kiddos really loved gifting these to their friends and teachers and I really loved creating them. This is an easy enough craft that the kiddos can help out with too!
First time here? Looking for more holiday inspiration? Here are some other posts you might enjoy:
Staying home for the holidays sign and FREE SVG file!
You can also find older Christmas house tours by searching Christmas tour in the search bar found in the sidebar! Or you can click on Holidays on my main menu up top for even more ideas!
Share the love of the FREE PRINTABLE SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN TAGS by sharing on your favorite holiday Pinterest board!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PRINTABLE HERE OR BY CLICKING ON THE PICTURE BELOW!
**Printables offered at Major Hoff Takes A Wife are for Personal use only**
Want to see what other crafts I’m working on, things I’m creating, recipes I'm trying or what it's like behind the scenes of my blog? Be sure to follow me on social media!