This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeMVP #CollectiveBias
Everywhere across the country, you can see stores and people getting ready for the Big Game! We love to celebrate it with our friends and family (as I’m sure you do too!). Our kids, mmmmm, not so much. They enjoy the food and the snacks, but tire of the game watching. This year I decided to get a bit creative and threw a teenage boy football video game championship party! All the fun snacks and goodies, but geared toward their ages. My boys would play video games all day long if we let them, so this was a big hit. I’m not sure what was the bigger hit— the DiGiorno Pizza, the Dreyer’s Touchdown Sundae ice cream sandwiches, or the actual video games! I was partial to the ice cream sandwiches because the Touchdown Sundae ice cream is so good! This Limited Edition Dreyer’s / Edy’s ice cream takes vanilla ice cream, streaks it with a fudge ripple and then throws in football shaped chocolate covered caramel pieces. SCORE! The pizza filled the boys tummies – which I didn’t even know was possible! Come see exactly how we threw this fun party, and how to make those superb ice cream sandwiches!
I used the coffee table in their playroom to lay the spread out.
To add to the party, I personalized each boy’s football cup.
To make the boys feel special, I made them a lanyard that is reminiscent of a press pass or field pass for a football game. These were made specifically for the video game playoffs! The good news—you can find these at the end of the post as a FREE download.
Lanyards were purchased off of amazon.com. I love that the boys can put other things in them once they are done with the party.
We served an assortment of DiGiorno Pizza. My boys love the Rising Crust – they think it’s fun to watch!
Because all the boys have different tastes we served DiGiorno Cheese Stuffed Crust Five Cheese Pizza, DiGiorno Cheese Stuffed Crust Supreme Pizza, and DiGiorno Cheese Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza.
Nothing beats a nice hot slice of pizza! Best game fuel ever! I love that DiGiorno allows for you to have a piping hot pizza right from your own oven.
My boys need snack fuel all night long, so we loaded them up with a ton of popcorn.
The boys kept score on this fun slate chalkboard.
Karsten loved having his own cup.
The boys battling it out. I love how they never seem to sit playing video games. They always stand as close to the tv as they can!
Another big hit of the party was the Ice Cream sandwiches. They were much easier to make than I expected.
1. I started out by making football shaped chocolate wafer cookies. Just use your favorite chocolate cookie recipe. After they cooled, I iced stripes on them to make them look more like footballs.
2. The ice cream part was the tricky part. I used Dreyer’s Touchdown Sundae since it went with our party theme. I allowed the ice cream to cool in the carton for about 10 minutes. I then smeared it into a cookie sheet pan that had edges. I smoothed it out as best as I could. It was then placed into the freezer for 10 more minutes to firm up.
3. After it firmed up, I used a football shape to cut the ice cream into shapes. Two tricks here—use a cookie cutter that is slightly smaller than the cutter you used fro the chocolate cookies, it will fit better. The second trick is to use a knife or a spatula under the ice cream when you move it from the pan to the cookie. I used a flat, un- iced cookie for the bottoms, and the iced cookie for the top.
The trick is to do it before the ice cream melts!
4. In order to store the ice cream sandwiches, I wrapped each one in cling wrap. I then placed that into waxed paper that I folded around and secured with cute washi tape.
The lanyards were super easy and made the kiddos feel super important.
I’ve included a free printable PDF that you can download and print from your computer. You can find the file HERE or by clicking on the photo below.
I picked up my party supplies at Walmart, which was awesome because I was also able to purchase all of my food while I was there. (Big Cheer for Superstore’s!).
I found the DiGiorno in the frozen pizza aisle (which is funny because it does not taste like frozen pizza!). The Dreyer’s was in the ice cream section. It is limited edition, so be sure to stock up. My store was out when I went back for more (don’t judge—it’s very tasty!).
Even better— DiGiorno is on rollback right now at Walmart! Be sure to look for packages that have a $1 off coupon. DiGiorno makes it so easy to throw a party with fresh baked pizza from your own oven and now you can even save some dough!
So what do you think? If you are a mom of boys would they be happy with this party? Do you plan separate activities for the kiddos while you are watching the Big Game?
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019