This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Jerk Chicken Skewers with Pineapple Habanero Garlic Aioli Sauce! Perfect for your Game Time Party! An easy appetizer that is FULL of Flavor!
Jerk Chicken Skewers with Pineapple Habanero Garlic Aioli Sauce!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
2017 is here! Yay! We spent most of our holiday vacation here at home, relaxing. Having a house full of boys, there always seemed to be a football game on during the day. Living in a college town, I’ve learned to embrace it. Now with the Big Game coming up soon, I’m starting to get my party ideas rolling. We love having people stop by to watch games on tv, and I try to keep things simple. A lot of times it overlaps our dinner plans, so I like to have an appetizer or two that can really fill my boys up. This is so I don’t have to keep cooking all day!
What I’ve discovered is that boys seem to love meat on a stick. Suddenly that jerked chicken looks amazing when it’s on a kabob! Throw in a dipping sauce and they are over the moon. Today’s recipe for Jerk Chicken Skewers with Pineapple Habanero Garlic Aioli Sauce is one of our crowd pleasing favorites. I hope your party guests enjoy it just as much!
The secret to the Jerk Chicken is the marinade ahead of time. This marinade is the key to keeping the chicken juicy and flavorful, and prevents the strips from drying out on the grill. The combination of milk, orange juice and El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce allows the chicken to get nice and tenderized while seasoning it at the same time. You can do this 2 hrs before, or up to 24 hours before.
I like to try to get as much done before my guests arrive, so I usually also place the chicken on the skewers before the first knock on the door. The pineapple habanero garlic aioli sauce is a breeze to make in the blender or food processor and can be done before guests arrive, or after, since it only takes about 10 minutes. I grill my chicken skewers up with a mixture of peppers and pineapple slices to add in some fruit and veggies, and to add color to the plate.
You’ll find the recipe below, but here’s a brief overview on how it goes together:
- Start by making your marinade. I used El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero which features habaneros which have been hand picked from their own fields. Since El Yucateco® is the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce, I knew my chicken would enjoy bathing in it!
- Again, you can do this the morning of, or the night before.
- Thread your chicken strips onto your pre-soaked wooden skewers and sprinkle on your favorite jerk seasoning before grilling.
- I like to place my pre-soaked skewer ends off to the side of the grill that isn’t on, so they aren’t subjected to such high heat. If you use metal skewers, you don’t have to worry as much.
- The grill gives the chicken and veggies a nice char that you won’t find from a skillet.
Who can resist meat on a stick?
Although it sounds like a lot of steps, I think you’ll be amazed at how easy these come together.
They provide such a bright vibrant display!
You’ll probably discover you like to have them for dinner, and not just during the playoffs.
The pineapple habanero garlic aioli sauce “cools” the chicken a bit but is bursting with flavor itself. You might find yourself dipping other items in it as well!
You can find El Yucateco® Habanero Hot Sauces at most retailers nationwide. I found mine on the condiment aisle at my neighborhood HEB.
Check out ALL the Big Game party and recipe ideas HERE.
Also, be sure to follow El Yucateco® on social media for all the latest news and ideas!
Enjoy the recipe and leave me a comment telling me how you liked it!
JERK CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH PINEAPPLE HABANERO GARLIC AIOLI
Jerk Chicken Skewer Marinade:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
Pineapple Habanero Garlic Aioli
- ⅓ cup loosely chopped cilantro
- 2 ½ tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup sour cream
Other Ingredients Needed
- 1 – 1.5 pounds uncooked chicken strips
- your favorite jerk chicken seasoning
- fresh or canned pineapple
- mixture of peppers: jalapenos bell peppers, etc
For the marinade:
- Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken. Allow to soak 2-24 hrs.
For the Chicken skewers:
- Once marinated, place your chicken strips on a skewer (presoaked if wooden!) and sprinkle with your favorite jerk seasoning.
- Cook on a pre-heated grill with the other veggies. Set the grill on medium to medium high heat and grill for about 6-8 minutes each side. The chicken juices should run clear. Always check to verify your chicken is cooked throughly.
For the Pineapple Habanero Garlic Aioli
- Place all items into a blender or food processor and pulse until fully combined.