This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
Good News! Nestle wants you to have a very special holiday too! They'll be giving away $1,600 in Nestle Gift Baskets. 8 winners will receive a $100 Nestle gift basket and 2 winners will receive a $400 grand prize Nestle gift basket. Be sure to enter (entry is at the bottom of this post). Good luck lovely readers!
The holidays are upon us— full force! I’m not sure about you, but I’m suddenly swamped with the normal day to day activities, plus holiday entertaining. I’m always on the lookout for easy meals to rescue me from the dinner time doldrums. They need to be easy but still able to wow my dinner guests. That’s why I am so excited to team up with #CollectiveBias and #HolidayMadeSimple! Today I’m sharing my Nestle Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pie which pairs perfectly with Stouffer’s Party Size Lasagna. Growing up, we went to my Grandparent's house for every Christmas Eve. I have so many wonderful memories of gathering around her big table, sharing conversations with relatives. My Grandmother served Stouffer’s Lasagna. As a kid, I was more than pleased with the taste. As an adult, I realize now how it made entertaining that much easier! Personally, I think it’s delightful that I am serving one of my favorite holiday meals to my family, and making memories that will last their lifetime. The lasagna is available in party sizes (ranging from 57-96 ounces), so there is the perfect size available for your holiday gathering! I picked mine up at Walmart. It was truly the easiest thing ever. I popped in, and while I was getting my oil changed, I shopped for craft supplies and hit the freezer section for the Stouffer’s lasagna. While there, I picked up a package of Nestle Toll House dark chocolate peppermint refrigerated cookie dough. Talk about multitasking! I prepared the Nestle Peppermint Pie the night before which meant I wasn’t scrambling at the last minute for a dessert idea. To find inspiration for what to do with the cookie dough, I browsed Nestle’s Flavorful Moments Website. My family so enjoyed hosting relatives for our party, and I hope you will too!
I found the Nestle Toll House peppermint dark chocolate refrigerated cookie dough towards the back of our store, over by the dairy section. Here’s a picture to give you an idea where you can find it in your store (and if you can’t, be sure to ask your friendly Walmart worker to help you out!)
Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pie
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Peppermint refrigerated cookie dough
- 1 (12oz) package of Nestle Toll House semi sweet chocolate chips (available at Walmart)
- 2 eggs (yolk only)
- 1 can (12 fl oz) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Whip cream for garnish
- crushed peppermint pieces for garnish
1. Preheat oven to the temperature indicated on the back of the bag. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan with canola oil.
2. Arrange the cookie dough pieces evenly in the pie plate. Push the outer edge pieces up the side of the pie plate. Smush the middle pieces remaining in the center of the pan until the crust is even and completely distributed in the pan.
3. Bake according to the package, but allow 4-5 more minutes for the cookies to completely cook. Watch for the edges to brown and a toothpick should come out clean from the center. As shown in the photos above, the dough will puff up. Allow to cool on a rack, and the cooked dough will slowly deflate and make a nice pie shell!
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the evaporated milk and the 2 egg yolks. Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Do not boil! Remove from heat and slowly add the chocolate chips, whisking until very smooth and glossy. Pour into pie shell. Do not overflow. You can add remainder to a small bowl if needed (tastes yummy on it’s own!).
5. Cool on a wire rack and then place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight in order for the chocolate ganache to set up.
6. When ready to serve, top with whip cream and peppermint pieces!
Add a Stouffer’s Lasagna, bread, and a salad and you have a fabulous easy meal perfect for holiday entertaining!
My boys are big fans of lasagna! I kept the place settings simple. Just adding a table cloth, runner, chargers and decorative napkins made it appear more elegant.
Check out how much fun we had with this video:
A plate full of lasagna makes for a happy tummy!
One of my younger boys gave it two thumbs up!
Even our dog visited the table to see what smelled so good!
Will you be adding a Stouffer’s Lasagna to your holiday shopping? You can find it in the Walmart freezer section! Be sure to check out Nestle’s Flavorful Moments for more ideas for holiday entertaining!
My boys also had a blast with Nestle Toll House Rolled and Ready Sugar Cookie Dough that we also picked up at Walmart. If you follow me on Instagram, you would see our video of the little boys having a great time!
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Squares - December 13, 2020
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019