This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
It’s holiday baking time! Forget the rolling!
Make simple, gift-able, no mess
No Roll Truffle Bars
Years ago, I discovered a fabulous truffle recipe. My husband adores them. Family members beg for them. I absolutely hate them. I feel like I’m rolling for hours and I swear that I’ll find chocolate bits every where for days. Since discovering that recipe, we’ve added more kids, more dogs, more holiday activities and more stress. So in an effort to please everyone and make life easier for me, I created this recipe which keeps the original recipe flavor, but with 95% less work! I’m offering two very easy ways to present and serve these no roll truffle bars. You can jazz them up a bit and make them candy bar style. Or you can simply drizzle candy coating over fat bars that are reminiscent of the rows of candy and fudge in a candy store.
So how did I develop this new recipe? In order to keep them no roll, and to stretch them a bit, I’ve added in Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. They add a wonderful crunch to the recipe and help make a big batch of bars. And who doesn’t love Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®? My kiddos love to devour them. They beg to help make Rice Krispie® Treats, and so they love to pitch in and help with these. They are the decadent over the top version of the Rice Krispie® Treats that we grew up with!
I used a simple mold to make these amazing looking candy bar style truffle bars. So easy. It is the same recipe!
You can make this candy bar, or a simple iced bar, it’s up to you! Same recipe, same ingredients. Just a different presentation!
NO ROLL TRUFFLE BARS
For the Bars:
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
For the Topping:
- 1 lb 8 oz 1 package White Bark Coating, chopped into smaller pieces
- Food coloring if desired
- Sprinkles or holiday toppings
For the Krispie Bars:
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt together the marshmallows with the sweetened condensed milk. Stir constantly to keep it from burning. Once melted together, stir in salt and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add in chocolate chips, and with a heavy strong hand, continue to fold the mixture over. The chocolate chips will melt and the mixture will have a glossy shine to it.
- Add in the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® and carefully fold the chocolate mixture over them. You don’t want to stir to hard, or you’ll crush the Krispies. Once mixed in, flatten the mixture into either a 9in greased square pan for thick tall bars, or a greased jelly roll pan for more candy bar sized bars.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
For the Coating:
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the white bark. Continually stir, to prevent it from burning. Once it is melted, you are ready to use it!
- For Large Bars: Cut into the desired size. Place a large dollop of the melted bark onto the cooled bar and using an offset spatula, spread the bark to all the sides. Allow some to flow down the sides. Top with sprinkles if desired. Work on one bar at a time, and continually stir the bark so it doesn’t burn.
- For the candy bar style: Using your mold as a guide, cut your krispie bars to the shape of the mold. Spray heavily with non-stick spray. Pour melted bark into the form. Place the large krispie bar on top of the bark, pressing down lightly to adhere the 2. Return to the fridge and allow to cool for 2 hours. Cut into pieces.
Want even more ideas featuring Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®? See all the Holiday Treat Making Inspiration HERE!
My kiddos are big fans of Rice Krispies®. They love Cocoa Krispies® and Frosted Krispies® but I think the original Rice Krispies® are their absolute favorite. I’ve caught my 16 year old having a bowl for a midnight snack several times!
We keep all our cereal in a basket, and place it on top the fridge. It makes it easy to grab on busy mornings.
I purchased my family size Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® at my local Walmart. I was there getting some extra tree ornaments for our house. While I was there, I went ahead and lost my keys. Because, why not? After checking out, I realized they were gone. I located a crew member at the service desk. Malcolm was awesome and told me in fact he’d found some keys! While we were waiting for a manager to unlock the office, another lady came up. Turns out, she’d also lost a set of keys.
At this point, I started to sweat a bit. I had to pick up kids for my carpool day in 15 minutes. There was one set of found keys, and 2 women. I felt horrible for the lady next to me and felt incredibly guilty for hoping that they were mine. Any other day, I’d have been very patient. BUT car pool day people!!!!!
They turned out to be my keys. I was grateful. When I left, I saw Malcolm ushering the lady up to the service desk, and I knew she was in good hands. Mad props to the College Station Walmart. They were patient, understanding and very helpful. I sure hope that lady found her keys! You can find your local Walmart here with their handy locator site.
What’s your favorite treat to make with Rice Krispies®? Leave a comment below and let me know!
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.
Latest posts by Mrs Major Hoff (see all)
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe for Holiday Treats - November 13, 2018