It’s coming up on the most wonderful time of the year! Can you feel it in the air yet? Christmas preparations will be beginning shortly, and me and my blogging buddies want to make it super easy for you. You know, so your not stressed and panicked and too tired to enjoy the party. Cause that never happens. Yeah. Right. So this year. You will be prepared!!!! The 2014 Holiday Cocktail Party Blog Hop is ready to provide you with the ideas and inspiration you need for those superb appetizers, delightful cocktails (& mocktails!), fantastic desserts and sweet treats to knock your socks off. Are you as excited as I am? Yay! I’m contributing a recipe that is perfect to make ahead, to serve at a party, or to hand out to your neighbors, friends and family. That is, if you can let go of them! They are so yummy! I’m sure you can’t wait to hear about this amazing recipe, but don’t forget to visit my friends down below because they have a ton of awesome ideas too!
So without further ado…..I present…….Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Squares.
Are your taste buds watering yet?
I had you at chocolate, didn’t I?
Or maybe it was the caramel…..oh and salted to boot!
Or perhaps maybe, maybe you like the classics like me. Because shortbread, well, let’s be honest—Shortbread is a classic as it gets.
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and both sugars. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until a nice crumble is made. Press firmly into a 9×13 baking pan and set aside while you make the caramel sauce.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine
1. Place the sugar and the margarine in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins boiling. Allow to boil at a heavy rolling boil for 1 minute. Remove from stove and pour over crust in baking pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. You will see the caramel bubbling. Don’t allow the shortbread to get brown and crunchy, you want it moist and fluffy.
- 11.5-12 oz semi sweet Chocolate Chip morsels
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. IMMEDIATELY after pulling shortbread/caramel from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Allow the chips to melt and after about 2 minutes spread evenly over the crust mixture. If the chocolate will not spread, you can place back in the oven for about 30 seconds if need be. Sprinkle the sea salt evenly on top once all the chocolate is situated.
2. After about 10 minutes, carefully slice the bars into the size you would like. It is best to score them and get pieces cut before they cool.
3. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Yummy yummy, get in my tummy! (Actually, I make a gluten free version for myself). My tummy would not be happy if I ate the real deal. Would any of you like me to share my gluten free recipe?
Before I send you off to visit all my fabulous friends, I wanted to show you some of my other Holiday posts!
You can find these posts here: Salted Caramel Toffee Squares, Holiday House Tour, Snow man Milk Bottles, and Candy Cane Themed Table Setting
Thanks so much for stopping by! Please come back and continue to visit my holiday home—my treasured guests are my favorite part!