This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
So here is the price breakdown:
- Chalkboard paint $10 (didn’t even use half of it)
- trim for board (4 poplar boards @1.99 each plus a decorative trim molding ($2 @ habitat restore) $10
- Board for chalkboard (my way is too textured to paint directly on it, so I used a dry erase board from Home depot, I had it cut to size there $10
- The letter bins were a splurge at $16.99 each. I tried to make my own from Lady Goats tutorial but that was a Big Fat FAIL! I found these at TJ Maxx
- The iron scrollwork I had around the house, it was purchased years ago from Entertaining at Home (I don’t believe they are in business anymore?)
- The actual paint for the space was on sale. It is Valspar and was $20/gal on sale. Even with 2 coats of paint on heavily textured walls I didn’t even use half of it.
For the other side of the Hallway:
- The bulletin board I already had, I just repurposed it by painting the edge with trim paint.
- The clip board was made by using a leftover board, painting with trim paint and glueing clips I found at Hobby Lobby on (clips were $2.40 after coupon)
- The other splurge was the big letter bin. It was $29.99 at TJ Maxx. Well worth it.
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.