So here is the price breakdown:
- Chalkboard paint $10 (didn't even use half of it)
- trim for board (4 poplar boards @1.99 each plus a decorative trim molding ($2 @ habitat restore) $10
- Board for chalkboard (my way is too textured to paint directly on it, so I used a dry erase board from Home depot, I had it cut to size there $10
- The letter bins were a splurge at $16.99 each. I tried to make my own from Lady Goats tutorial but that was a Big Fat FAIL! I found these at TJ Maxx
- The iron scrollwork I had around the house, it was purchased years ago from Entertaining at Home (I don't believe they are in business anymore?)
- The actual paint for the space was on sale. It is Valspar and was $20/gal on sale. Even with 2 coats of paint on heavily textured walls I didn't even use half of it.
For the other side of the Hallway:
- The bulletin board I already had, I just repurposed it by painting the edge with trim paint.
- The clip board was made by using a leftover board, painting with trim paint and glueing clips I found at Hobby Lobby on (clips were $2.40 after coupon)
- The other splurge was the big letter bin. It was $29.99 at TJ Maxx. Well worth it.