If you follow me on Facebook, then you know it’s that time of the year again! Pumpkin Spice Latte’s are back baby! Yay! So since Starbucks made their big debut today, I thought I’d roll out my favorite pumpkin pie filling recipe. Why do I love this recipe so much? Because it’s no bake! I love to make this sweet pumpkin recipe and use it for individual pumpkin desserts (like I show today), as a pumpkin dip with gingersnaps, or simply by filling a precooked pie crust. Easy peasy. My boys gobble it up! I love to pipe this pumpkin pie filling for a dramatic look! The desserts are so easy to assemble, and you can have everything ready to go before hand. But I warn you, they go fast!
The pumpkin pie filling has the traditional spices you’d find in a baked pie. Cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
The cream cheese in the recipe gives it the “oomph” to set up.
I love to pipe the pumpkin pie filling right on top of pizzelles (Italian waffle cookies) for a “sophisticated” looking dessert.
Serve it on a pretty plate and your guests will be wowed!
We topped todays off with a dusting of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
You’d never believe that a dessert this elegant would be so simple! The pumpkin pie filling recipe is the secret ingredient! Try it, and you’ll swoon. It will elicit all kinds of Fall thoughts & Autumn memories- I promise! All without having to turn on an oven!
The following links are affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you purchase anything through these links. This income helps me keep my blog up and running!
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING RECIPEIngredients:
- 1 block cream cheese, thawed
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (I use Libby’s!)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
1. In a stand mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid just like this one! You can also find this model at Target) cream together the cream cheese and pumpkin. Once mixed very thoroughly, add in the vanilla.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together both sugars, the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Once that is mixed well, slowly add to the pumpkin/cream cheese mixture.
3. The pumpkin pie filling will incorporate all the ingredients and you should have an even mixture. Place in a refrigerator to allow to thicken for an hour.
4. Pipe onto Pizzelles or into a pre-made pie shell.
Remember to pin for later:
Looking for more Fall desserts or crafts? Decor? Check these out!