This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Breakfast Tacos For A Crowd!
Breakfast Tacos For A Crowd!
An easy way to feed a bunch at your next brunch! You'll love this mix of eggs, potatoes, bacon and cheese! So easy!
One of the best things about living in Texas is my access to breakfast tacos. There is something so amazing about a taco shell filled with breakfast foods like eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, and more. Since I have such a big family, I've figured out the trick to make breakfast tacos for a crowd!
Breakfast tacos are filling, inexpensive, tasty and very portable! I will be the first to admit I eat breakfast tacos all day long, not just in the morning! When I’m hosting a brunch, I love to serve breakfast tacos because my guests can easily customize them with the toppings of their choice. My favorite go to recipe uses fresh eggs, a bag of shredded potatoes and pre-cooked bacon. It couldn’t be easier!
You can customize with different cheeses, salsas, chiles, avocados and more! What would you top yours with?
The recipe is so simple, but let me show you how I create these in my kitchen:
Start by browning ½ package of refrigerated hash browns for about 6-7 minutes on each side.
Once browned, add in your chopped precooked bacon. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy, and add in. Cook the mixture just like you would scrambled eggs. Once cooked through, add into the taco shells and allow your guests to pick their toppings!
Start with your bacon, potato and egg taco.
For this one, I added green chile salsa and then sliced avocado.
Next, I topped it with shredded Mexican cheese.
Who could resist a cute little pocket of yummy breakfast food? I used corn tortillas to keep my meal gluten free, but you could use your favorite type of taco shell.
For this recipe, I used eggs from the happy egg co. They come from hens that are truly free range on farms with open pastures. Hens that are free to roam and play outside in the sunshine. These girls are less stressed, which means a tastier egg for the consumer. You can find out more about these farms HERE.
The eggs feature a bright yellow yolk full of nutrients - all without hormones. I love the speckled brown shells!
To find your closest store, use the happy egg co store locator (click here).
BREAKFAST TACOS FOR A CROWD
For the taco Filling:
- ½ package of refrigerated shredded hash browns about 1 cup
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
For the Tacos:
- corn or flour shells 6-10 depending on size
- green chile tomatillo salsa or another favorite
- shredded cheese I used colby and monterey jack
- avocado slices
- jalapeños or other roasted chiles
To make the taco filling:
- In a large non-stick skillet, place 1-2 tablespoons of oil over med-high heat (refer to the refrigerated hash brown directions, as they may vary).
- Once the skillet and oil are hot, add in a layer of your hash browns. Allow to brown for 6-7 minutes.
- Once browned, flip the hash browns and allow the other sides to brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, crack and whisk 6 eggs. Once the hash browns are browned, pour in the eggs.
- Add in the precooked chopped bacon.
- Scramble the eggs and you would do normally, and continue to mix in the hash browns and bacon.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, portion the mixture out in warmed tortilla shells.
- If you are not eating immediately, you can put in an oven safe dish, cover with foil and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Set out all the toppings so your guests can pick and choose.