Caramelized banana waffles : Caramelized bananas will turn your weekend waffles to off the chart amazing thanks to a secret ingredient in the waffle recipe!
Waffles with Caramelized Bananas
If you follow me on Instagram, you might remember a few weeks ago, when I took a picture of this amazing dessert at a British Pub named the Little Manor. I knew immediately that I needed to try to recreate it. Because who wouldn’t love caramelized bananas on waffles for dessert – or dare I say it – breakfast?!!! The best part? I stumbled upon an amazing waffle recipe that takes these to the next level!
This post contains affiliate links which come at no added cost to you. I only recommend companies and products that I use personally and love. I did receive product from Eagle Brand to sample. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
To start with, I made the caramelized bananas in their own special sauce. No jars for this one. You’ll need a few simple ingredients to make the basic caramel sauce: butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Real complicated, right? I like to do this in a cast iron skillet like this one, but a non-stick pan works as well. I’m always amazed at how quickly those ingredients come together to make such a rich and flavorful sauce.
I’ve topped the waffles with the caramelized bananas, and no maple syrup. This is the one time you really don’t need it. The sauce stands alone perfectly, but I still couldn’t resist adding a little bit of whipping cream on top. I live by the motto that cream makes everything better!
So let’s talk about those super tasty waffles. I know you’re dying to know what the secret ingredient is. I’ve made waffles for years but never had made them this way before. These turned out tasting like a mix between waffles, sugar cookies, pancakes, and sweet sweet goodness. I will never use another recipe again.
Now that I’ve kept you in suspense, I’ll tell you that you can get my recipe for caramelized bananas below, and the most amazing waffle recipe ever RIGHT HERE, on the Eagle Brand’s website. Yes, the secret ingredient is sweetened condensed milk. Would you have ever guessed that?
Waffles with Caramelized Bananas Recipe
Caramelized Bananas for Caramelized Banana Waffles
- 4 TBSP butter, salted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 bananas
- Peel all your bananas and slice in half vertically and horizontally. Set aside.
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is warm, melt your butter so it covers the skillet. Add in the sugar and cinnamon, and allow the heat to begin to caramelize them. Stir during the process until you get the nice amber color caramel is known for, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add in your banana slices and continue to cook, stirring the caramel sauce around them, trying not to upset the bananas. Use tongs to very carefully turn the bananas over. I usually turn them over 4-6 times until the bananas are breaking down. You want them to be soft, but still a bit firm. No worries though, mushy bananas taste great too!
- Next place the banana pieces onto a waffle, drizzle on the caramel sauce, and top with whipping cream!
In case you’re in the mood for other breakfast recipes, you might like these:
I believe EVERYONE has a story, this blog shares mine.