It's Monday folks. So obviously Monday. If you received this post via email this morning, it was without text and photos. I knew I had to finish it up, and it was in draft mode. I went out of town for a blogging conference (Mixed conference - it was ahhhh-mazing!) and planned on finishing up this post this morning. But I forgot that I had it set to publish early this morning. Again, total Monday. I apologize!
I promise the recipe is worth the wait! Each year, my pal Laura of Laura Kelly Designs holds a blog hop challenge with a popcorn box. This is my 3rd time participating and I love to see how creative bloggers get. I decided this year to do a recipe, and decided to share my secrets to making Speculoos Cookie Butter Popcorn in -- wait for it -- 5 minutes. I'm all about saving time! And having less mess! My boys really loved this recipe. I've seen other versions out there, but they all utilize bark, or white chocolate, or other items. Mine is pure and simple. and divine. Did I mention it was yummy? And easy? Your going to want to add this to your favorite popcorn recipes! I love doing recipe experiments with popcorn. It's inexpensive, it's easy to make, you can go savory or sweet. This recipe features a hint of cinnamon and appears like an expensive gourmet recipe. All that, in under 5 minutes.
5 Minute Cookie Butter Popcorn
Recipe by Mrs Major Hoff
Total time: 5 minutes!
Yield: 8 cups
- 1/4 cup Butter, cubed
- 1 cup Cookie Butter (I used Trader Joe's)
- 8 cups Popped Popcorn
- Pop your popcorn. I used 2 bags of microwavable already salted popcorn.
- Place the cookie butter, and cubed butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook the cookie butter & butter for 30 seconds, stir, and cook for 30 more seconds.
- All the butter should be melted, stir to combine. Pour over the popcorn in a large bowl, in small increments. Make sure to coat well! ENJOY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wanna see more popcorn recipes and my past Popcorn Box Challenge entries? See them below!
Thanks again to Laura for organizing such a fun blog party!