Looking for a Holiday Breakfast? You’ll adore these Ginger Pancakes topped with a delicious cranberry apple mixture and maple syrup! Cranberry apple ginger pancakes are perfect for Christmas morning or a leisurely brunch!
Cranberry Crush week is winding down. I’m sad to see how quickly that time went. I thought I’d never want to see a cranberry recipe again, after cooking so many samples, but the truth is, I still love cranberries just as much! I’m not sure that many people think of cranberry apple ginger pancakes, but when I thought about how much I love fried apples on pancakes and cranberry apple juice, I realized how this recipe would be right up my alley.
I tested the ginger pancakes topped with apples and cranberries when my mom was visiting and she was more than happy, so I realized I am not the only one who likes this combination.
The cranberry pancakes are “in season” from early fall until Christmas. The cranberry apple compote is simple to make with your existing cranberry sauce. In case you don’t have leftovers, a can of whole berry cranberry sauce can be used in a pinch. The cranberries and apples top a classic pancake that has a ginger twist. Pretty enough for a holiday breakfast, but simple enough for a lazy day brunch. If you’re a cranberry fan, you will fall head over heals for these Cranberry Apple Ginger Pancakes.
I love apple slices that have been cooked down and caramelized. Adding the cranberries seemed like a natural fit. The gingerbread pancakes added onto the holiday flavor. It really kicks up the taste of plain pancakes.
The colors of the apples and cranberries just POP! I love that the apples still hold a good shape and don’t break down completely.
Of course, no pancake breakfast is complete without the generous drizzle of maple syrup! It doesn’t take much due to the sweetness of the apples and the cranberry sauce, but it just adds that incredible maple flavor that is so popular in the fall.
Adding the compote on top and along the rim of the plates ensures fruit in every bite. I could eat the compote as a side dish anytime. It’s perfect to throw in the fridge to have the next day on toaster waffles.
Who wouldn’t want to sink their teeth into that stack of ginger pancakes?
This recipe is part of my Cranberry Crush week.
I’m a true cranberry lover and you can find many cranberry recipes on my site!
Earlier, I this week I posted this stunning holiday recipe for Cranberry Orange Glazed Cornish Hens
Another recipe perfect for brunch: Cranberry Cream Cheese Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Looking for a cranberry drink recipe? Try this fun Rosemary Cranberry Moscow Mule Recipe
Combining two family recipes created this dessert: Old Fashioned Cranberry Salad Ice Box Cake
I love cranberries so much I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to my love of cranberries! I’d love for you to take a peek!
Cranberry Apple Ginger Pancakes
For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP melted butter
For the cranberry apple compote:
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce Find my Make Ahead Cranberry Sauce HERE
- 3-4 large apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter
For the pancakes:
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. With a spoon, fold over the mixture until a batter is formed.
- Cook as you normally cook pancakes.
For the Cranberry Apple Compote:
- Peel the apples and slice into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the apple slices. Allow to cook about 2-3 minutes. Once the apples start breaking down, add in the sugar. Continue cooking until the apples get soft and mushy, and the butter and sugar begin to caramelize. Add in the cranberry sauce, and once thoroughly heated, remove from heat.
- Top the pancakes with the compote.
Do you love pancakes too? Have you ever had ginger pancakes or cranberry pancakes? Do you top them with fruit?
Leave a comment and let me know!
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019
- The easiest & most delicious Crockpot Apple Butter with Free Printables - October 1, 2019