Move over Pumpkin Spice Latte, there’s a new fall favorite in town! Learn the Tips and Tricks to making the perfect maple latte macchiato Recipe and step by step photos included! No more guessing!
I’ve noticed 2 things this fall. Pumpkin Spice is EVERYWHERE. But so is snickerdoodle. I mean, who doesn’t LOVE sugar and cinnamon combined? But I wanted to take it a step further— so today I’m sharing with you the recipe for maple latte macchiatos that have the hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Because— yum. Who doesn’t love a vanilla cupcake? Take it a step further for fall - with those snickerdoodle flavors combined with maple syrup. A good cup of coffee is one of life’s simple pleasures. Learning to make a good one, can make any morning brighter. It gets confusing when you are inundated with words like frappe, latte, macchiato, au lait. Potato/ Potato Tomato /Tomato. I’m gonna share my secret for getting the perfect Latte Macchiato recipe down pat.
This post originally appeared in partnership with Dunkin Donuts and was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions are mine alone. This post also contains affiliate links. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe would be a good fit for my readers. This comes at no added cost to you!
My flavoring today can be customized to whatever flavor your craving. The more creative you are, the more favorites you’ll add to your repertoire.
How to make a Maple Latte:
So let’s do a quick run down. A latte is easy to make.
- You start with any flavoring (I'm using maple syrup)
- add in your coffee about ⅓ to ½ of the coffee cup.
- Next add in the warmed milk or cream, followed with a small layer of foam.
The coffee and flavoring mix together, and the milk will a bit too. You get a very even taste.
So what then is a macchiato? Well, very similiar. EXCEPT you reverse the layers.
How to make a Maple Macchiato
- Start with the flavoring (maple syrup)
- add in the steamed milk or cream (whichever you prefer) and the bit of foam.
- Your cup should be about half full now. Slowly pour in the coffee.
- The foam creates a bit of a barrier, so the flavors don’t mix as much.
You’ll get a much stronger coffee taste upon your first sip. The end result— that last glorious gulp is just full of sweetness and foam and all things yummy.
To break it down more simply:
1. Start with your flavoring. For this recipe I chose Maple. But you could go with vanilla, caramel, chocolate mocha. Whatever your craving that morning.
2. Next, Pour in your steamed milk (you can stir the flavoring and cream together, but I prefer not to).
3. Add a dollop of foam. I’m a foam girl. The more the better. I usually do equal portions of foam to cream. You can use a simple milk frother for this. I heat my cream in the microwave and use a tiny whisk (they even sell a tiny electric one!). I also love a stiff foam. The more you froth, the stiffer it gets.
4. Very slowly pour your espresso or very strong coffee in through the foam/cream. Below I share my tip on how to get an even larger variety of flavors with coffee!
5. Top with your favorite flavorings. For this recipe I used cinnamon, and maple. You can use vanilla, caramel, cocoa. Anything. The coffee world is your oyster my friends!
See how that maple just sticks to that foam on top! What an impact - a little goes a long way.
I mentioned before - I really wanted that maple cinnamon cupcake flavor, so I took a few easy short cuts to achieve that flavor.
I’m a busy mom, like so many of you. I love the fun coffee house flavors out there, but I’m brewing them at home.
I keep a variety of ground coffee in my house for just this reason. No more waiting in a drive thru when I’m craving a fun flavor. One of my go to flavors is a basic French vanilla ground coffee.
Having a quality basic creamer and ground coffee is your first step in making amazing lattes and latte macchiatos.
Get the recipe below for Maple Lattes or Macchiatos!
Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Cupcake Latte Macchiato
Crafting the perfect Latte Macchiato:
- 8 cups Dunkin Donuts® Bakery Series® Vanilla Cupcake Ground Coffee, brewed
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Half and Half Creamer
- 6 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- dash Cinnamon
Crafting the perfect Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Cupcake Macchiato:
- Brew a pot of Dunkin Donuts® Bakery Series® Vanilla Cupcake Ground Coffee. Go a bit stronger than usual, since your drink will be half cream half coffee.
- Heat 1 cup Land O Lakes® Half and Half cream for 1 minute in the microwave for each cup you are making.
- Whip the Land O Lakes® Half and Half creamer with a frother until it is ½ foam and ½ creamer.
- In a 12 - 14 oz cup, add one TBSP maple syrup in the bottom (like a sweeter coffee-- add more!)
- Slowly add in the steamed Land O Lakes® Half and Half creamer, using a spoon to hold back the foam. Once the creamer is about ⅓ of the cup full, add in the foam to about the ½ mark of the mug.
- Slowly pour the Dunkin Donuts® Bakery Series® Vanilla Cupcake brewed coffee through the center of the foam, and watch as it rises to the top.
- Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon and another drizzle of pure maple syrup!
Need some great breakfast or brunch ideas to go with that macchiato? Here are some to inspire you!
Still need more fall ideas? Follow my favorite Fall board on Pinterest!
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Squares - December 13, 2020
- Chocolate Caramel Bars - January 28, 2020
- Free Printable Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Gift Tags - December 13, 2019